Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sell/trade/drop/get rid of items in Guild Wars trial account?

I just got a trial account in guild wars, and I can't get rid of anything in my backpack! I try to drop it, and it says a guild wars trial account can't do it. I try to trade, same thing. I try to sell something in guild wars, and it says my backpack is empty, even though it's completely full! I can't replace any of my armor, weapons, or shields! I just need a way to get rid of my stuff in guild wars, so I can pick things up again, and if I can't, I'll decide guild wars is so stupid I don't want to buy a real game. Please, don't say "Just buy the full version" or make fun of me or give me an answer that doesn't really answer my question. Someone, please help me out here!Sell/trade/drop/get rid of items in Guild Wars trial account?
You can sell your stuff to the merchant in town. It shouldn't say your backpack is empty. I'm not sure why you're seeing that unless possibly the backpack is unchecked on the merchants view list. Your character can have 1 backpack, 1 belt pouch, 2 bags and 1 equipment pack to hold stuff and sometimes players will uncheck one that contains valuable items they don't want to accidentally click and sell to the merchant.



I know it's frustrating not being able to drop or trade. A-net made that change a year or 2 ago to fight back against the gold sellers. Gold sellers were grabbing 1000s of trial accounts and using them to spam and trade gold to the buyers. Both spamming and RMT (real money trading) will get your account banned so they figured throw away trial accounts were the best way around it.



Yeah, the answer is to buy a full account, but I can understand you not wanting to do that if you're unhappy with the trial. For now keep trying to sell to the NPC merchant in town. If you absolutely can't, then create a 2nd character in a different campaign and explore elsewhere for a bit. Then decide if you want to upgrade.
  • north beach plantation
  • online puzzle games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment